What is TPMS?
Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is a warning system that warns a vehicle’s operator of an unsafe change in the air pressure in one or more of the tires. Readings are provided by pressure sensing transmitters mounted inside each tire and sent to a central computer (ECU) for display on the dashboard. A warning indicator light on the instrument panel and an audible warning notify the driver if a 25% drop in pressure occurs.
When the TPMS light comes on – and stays on – 1.at least one of your tires is at a low pressure level. Check the pressure of all of the tires with a gauge and determine the cause of pressure loss and add air or service the tire(s) as appropriate. 2. the TPMS transmitter could be damaged as a result of improper removal and installation.
- TPMS Light goes on and off – When tire pressure(s) are near the level that triggers an alert, fluctuating temperatures may be causing your TPMS light to turn on and off. This typically occurs when pressure decreases over night due to a drop in ambient temperature that causes the light to turn on; the light may turn off when pressure increases during the day due to rising ambient temperature and/or heat generated from the driving the vehicle. Use a gauge to check the pressure of all of the tires and add air to any tire that is low
- TPMS Light flashes and then stays on – If the light flashes for approximately 60 to 90 seconds every time you start your car and then remains illuminated, this means the TPMS isn’t functioning properly and you should take it to an automotive service center for an inspection. Until repaired, the TPMS is out of order and is not able to warn you of low tire pressure. Check the air pressure of all of the tires with a gauge and add air to the tires that need it.
- Contact us
- Free auto advice
- AUTOMEDICS HQ
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE , ABEOKUTA
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, ABUJA I
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, AJAO ESTATE
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, GOWON ESTATE, EGBEDA
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE , IBADAN
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, IKOTUN
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE , LEKKI
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE , OSHOGBO
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, SANGO-OTA
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE , PORT HARCOURT
- AUTOMEDICS AUTOCARE, UYO