NB: This programme starts with a compulsory one-week-long health and safety course in the auto maintenance and repair workshop.
1. Introduction to Electrical Concepts.
2. Essential Electrical Concepts.
3. Electrical Circuits.
4. Electrical Circuit Theory.
5. Understanding Wiring Diagrams and Symbols.
6. Introduction to Electronics.
7. Introduction to Electronic Signals.
8. Understanding and Using Electrical and Electronics Diagnostic Tools.
9. 6-Step Trouble-Shooting.
10. The Battery
11. Starting System
12. The Charging System
Participants will be able to use basic principles of auto electricity, in conjunction with manufacturers’ electrical diagrams, to diagnose and effectively maintain/repair automotive electrical faults.
(2) The Lagos State Health & Safety Commission’s certificate of competence
(3) If any successful candidate desires an internationally recognised certificate, s/he can voluntarily pay for the National Open University of Nigeria’s Centre for Lifelong Learning & Workplace Training’s certificate.